Voices from California's Death Row
1. Would you like to see “The Justice that Works Act” passed or not? Why or why not?
I would like “The Justice That Works Act” passed because we will be with general population.
2. How do you feel about the replacement of Life Without the Possibility of Parole (LWOP), instead of the death penalty?
I feel the replacement of life without the possibility of parole is better even though the person spends the rest of her life in jail.
3. How do you feel about the requirement that all those with LWOP sentences have to work (this would include all those currently on death row)?
I feel is a very good thing to be able to work even if you have a LWOP sentence.
4. How do you feel about the mandate that all those with LWOP sentences would have to pay 60% of their wages earned toward restitution if they have restitution orders in their case?
I don’t feel that those people with LWOP sentences should have to pay 60% of their wages earned toward restitution.
5. There is also a ballot initiative called "The Death Penalty Reform and Savings Act" that seeks to speed up executions. If both pass, the one with the most votes will go into effect. Does that change how people should vote? Does that change your opinion of the Justice that Works Act?
People should hold on executions, even if the voters vote no. It should change how people should vote, we are humans, just like them. My opinion is that the Supreme Court makes mistakes.
From Dora Buenrostro