District of Columbia Inmate Search

District of Columbia

About District of Columbia Department of Corrections

The District of Columbia Department of Corrections is just one out of many agencies that the Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice oversees.

The main mission here at the District of Columbia Department of Corrections is going to be ensuring that all citizens within the District are safe and secure, while also offering a humane environment for those individuals who are going through the justice system.

The District of Columbia Department of Corrections was established back in 1946. However, in 1872 was when the first District Jail was built. But in 1946, when the District of Columbia of Corrections was established, they not only used the District Jail along with Lorton Correctional Complex for their facilities.

On a good day here at the District of Columbia Department of Corrections, they will be responsible for at least 1,700 inmates. 93 percent of the inmates are male, while the other 7 percent are female.

The District of Columbia Department of Corrections has two main correctional facilities being the Correctional Treatment Facility and the DC Jail.

Basic Information

  • Department Name District of Columbia Department of Corrections
  • Official Website http://doc.dc.gov/
  • Currently Incarcerated Inmates http://doc.dc.gov/page/locate-inmate
  • Location 2000 14th Street, NW, Seventh Floor, Washington, DC 20009
  • Phone Number (202) 673-7316
  • Fax (202) 671-2043

Types of Correctional Facilities in District of Columbia

District of Columbia Prisons and Jails